The Utica College Chapter of the American Association of University Professors is a collective-bargaining unit that represents the faculty, librarians, and HEOP counselors of Utica College. The unit was founded in the seventies to fight Syracuse University’s sale of Utica College to the state of New York and has remained as the sole bargaining agent for the College’s academic professionals. With its contract, the unit ensures the place of academic professionals in shared governance at the College. As a chapter of the American Association of University Professors, AAUP-UC helps fight locally and nationally for academic freedom, for the continued quality of American higher education, and for protecting the livelihood of those individuals who dedicate their lives to teaching, service, and research.
What is the AAUP Collective Bargaining Congress (the AAUP-CBC)?
The AAUP-CBC supports unionization as the most effective means for academic employees to protect shared governance and academic freedom, to uphold professional standards and values, and to promote higher education as an investment in our common future.
The AAUP-UC Governing Board
Governing Board Officers:
- President: Paul J. MacArthur, Professor of Public Relations & Journalism
- Vice President: Kirstin Impicciatore, Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Recreation
- Treasurer: Xiao Xiao, Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Secretary: Dan Kurtz, Associate Professor of Biology
- Past President: Laurence Zoeckler, Associate Professor of Education
Governing Board Members At Large:
- Leonore Fleming, Assistant Professor of Philosophy
- Jeff Miller, Associate Professor of Communication
- Denise Nepveux, Assistant Professor of Occupational Therapy
- Thomas Rossi, Professor of Management
- Sara Scanga, Associate Professor of Biology
- James Smith, Professor of Physical Therapy
- Steve Specht, Professor of Psychology