The Utica College Chapter of the American Association of University Professors is a collective-bargaining unit that represents the faculty, librarians, and HEOP counselors of Utica College. The unit was founded in the seventies to fight Syracuse University’s sale of Utica College to the state of New York and has remained as the sole bargaining agent for the College’s academic professionals. With its contract, the unit ensures the place of academic professionals in shared governance at the College. As a chapter of the American Association of University Professors, AAUP-UC helps fight locally and nationally for academic freedom, for the continued quality of American higher education, and for protecting the livelihood of those individuals who dedicate their lives to teaching, service, and research.
What is the AAUP Collective Bargaining Congress (the AAUP-CBC)?
The AAUP-CBC supports unionization as the most effective means for academic employees to protect shared governance and academic freedom, to uphold professional standards and values, and to promote higher education as an investment in our common future.
The AAUP-UC Governing Board
Governing Board Officers:
- President: Adam Pack, Professor of Biology
- Vice President: Leonore Fleming, Associate Professor of Philosophy
- Treasurer: Xiao Xiao, Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Secretary: James Smith, Professor of Physical Therapy
- Past President: Paul J. MacArthur, Professor of Public Relations & Journalism
Governing Board Members At Large:
- Jim Brown, Associate Professor of Criminal Justice
- John Cormican, Professor of English
- Tom Diana, Associate Professor of Education
- Amy Lindsey, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Chris Riddle, Associate Professor of Philosophy
- Chris Tingley, Assistant Professor of Marketing & Strategy
- Kirstin Walker, Assistant Professor of Therapeutic Recreation